Planned visitors to the Huntingdon Primary School Development Centre
Visitors are very welcome to Huntingdon Primary School Development Centre, however it is our school’s responsibility to ensure that the security and well-being of our pupils is uncompromised at all times. The school has a legal duty of care for the health, safety and wellbeing of all pupils and staff. This duty of care incorporates the duty to ‘safeguard’ all pupils from being subjected to any form of harm or abuse. It is the responsibility of the Governing Body and the Headteacher to ensure that this duty is implemented at all times. In performing this duty, the Governing Body recognises that there can be no complacency where child protection and safeguarding procedures are concerned. The school therefore requires that ALL VISITORS (without exception) comply with the following policy and procedure.
- All visitors must report to the school office/reception first and should not enter the school via any other entrance.
- At reception, all visitors must state the purpose of their visit and who has invited them.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the signing in/out sheet, making note of their name, organisation/school, car registration number, time of arrival and to confirm receipt of this leaflet.
- All visitors will be required to wear an identification sticker, the sticker must remain visible throughout their visit.
- All visitors should be made aware of whom the designated lead is for child protection and that any safeguarding concerns should be reported to them.
- Written guidance may be provided to visitors containing this information.
- Visitors will then be escorted to their point of contact OR their point of contact will be asked to come to the school office/reception to receive the visitor. The contact will then be responsible for them while they are on site.
- Visitors to the Development Centre are not permitted to enter the main school buildings unless accompanied by a member of staff.
- On departing the school, visitors should leave via the school office and enter their departure time in on the signing in-out sheet alongside their arrival entry.
Lead Designated Person for Child Protection and Prevent: ELAINE LYNCH (Headteacher). Designated Persons for Child Protection: JACKIE EDWARDS (Deputy Headteacher) and CHRISTINE BALL (Parent Support Advisor).